- Promote quality service to persons with neurologic communication disorders by developing training guidelines for preparation of speech-language pathologists for clinical practice with this population, developing standards for
- clinical practice of speech-language pathologists with this population, and to develop the standards and provide the
- means to certify clinical specialists in this area of practice.
- Promote state-of-the art education of practitioners in neurologic communication disorders.
- Promote exchange of information and ideas among its members.
- Promote research that contributes to better understanding and management of neurologic communication dis- orders
- Provide leadership in the development of clinical expertise in neurologic communication disorders. Establish and support liaison with related professional organizations