WHAT IS LISHA?
The Long Island Speech-Language-Hearing Association (LISHA), founded in 1953, is a professional not-for-profit organization of over 1600 Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
- Provides its members with educational and professional programs in the field of communication development and disorders
- Promotes and maintains the highest professional and ethical standards within the profession
- Offers a network of local professionals as a means of support
- Supports research and improved educational standards
- Encourages leadership roles and involvement within the organization and statewide associations
- Advocates for the profession and also for individuals with communication disorders
- Awards scholarships to graduate students in the field
- Honors local organizations and treatment facilities
LISHA PROVIDES THE LONG ISLAND COMMUNITY WITH:
Resources for the community regarding speech-language and hearing issues
The latest information on legislative issues affecting individuals with disabilities
Speakers for school, community and professional groups
Public service announcements through our website
Responses to requests for information via the LISHA: