Are you a professional Speech, Language or Hearing professional?
The Long Island Speech-Language-Hearing Association (LISHA), founded in 1953, is a professional not-for-profit organization of over 1100 Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists. The Association:
- Provides educational and professional programs in the field of communication development and disorders
- Promotes and maintains the highest professional and ethical standards within the profession
- Offers a network of local professionals as a means of support
- Supports research and improved educational standards
- Encourages leadership roles and involvement within the organization and statewide associations
- Advocates for the profession and also for individuals with communication disorders
- Awards scholarships to graduate students in the field
- Honors local organizations and treatment facilities
Want to Join?
Join Us for an open Board Meeting.
Come listen, network and participate.