Are you a professional Speech, Language or Hearing professional?
The Long Island Speech-Language-Hearing Association (LISHA), founded in 1953, is a professional not-for-profit organization of over 1100 Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists. The Association:
- Provides educational and professional programs in the field of communication development and disorders
- Promotes and maintains the highest professional and ethical standards within the profession
- Offers a network of local professionals as a means of support
- Supports research and improved educational standards
- Encourages leadership roles and involvement within the organization and statewide associations
- Advocates for the profession and also for individuals with communication disorders
- Awards scholarships to graduate students in the field
- Honors local organizations and treatment facilities
Want to Join?
Join Us for an open Board Meeting.
Come listen, network and participate.
Since 1953, LISHA has been working to support professionals in the fields of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology. We have always and will continue to provide an environment where all our members feel supported in their professional field. We encourage all members to be their authentic selves in all LISHA endeavors. We believe creating this type of environment is a powerful way to support all professionals dedicated to improved speech, language, and hearing for all. We at LISHA fully believe that equity, diversity, and inclusion will elevate and enable our members to achieve their career goals.