PURPOSE: To award a speech-language pathology or audiology doctoral student scholarship of one thousand dollars to help fund their doctoral research.
- LISHA member in good standing
- Verification of doctoral status by program chair
- Current transcript
- Current vitae
- Two letters of recommendation/support (one from Department Chairperson required)
- Describe your proposal for doctoral research, to include area of doctoral research and population served, in one typed page of 500 words
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: April 1st
- The completed application should be sent to LISHA, PO Box 133, Mastic Beach, NY 11951-0133.
- The student selected for the award will be notified and invited with guests to our May is Better Hearing and Speech Awards Night.(check webiste for date and location)
- Candidates may reapply in subsequent years, if they have not previously won the award. All Award winners must wait a period of two years before reapplying.
Doctoral Previous Winners
2008 Dana Battaglia
2009 Christine Rota-Donahue
2010 Jennifer June Hartman
2011 Joseph Hoffman
2012 Kristin Baldwin
2013 Kaitlin Dondorf